Dear URW members,
Are you looking for a great way to let others in our Upstate Republican Women's group know what your business is and does?
Before the start of our regular luncheon meeting on Monday, September 19, you will have the opportunity to do just that. Any current URW member is eligible to participate in this event at no cost. You, as the representative of your business, will be provided with a table to host, from which you can share information about your business and display any business collateral (business cards, brochures, etc.) you wish to give out. This networking time will take place from 11:30 until the start of our luncheon meeting at noon.
To partipate in this exciting networking event, however, you must pre-register so that we will know how many tables and how much space will be needed. To reserve your table, please RSVP to me no later than the end of business on Thursday, September 15.
Tables are free for Members and $25.00 for non-members.
Please forward this to anyone you know who has a business they may want to share.
Looking forward to seeing you on the 19th!
Our contact for this event is Barb Sloan.
Posted 7:30 p.m., Monday, Aug. 15
Today's URW luncheon
SC Lt. Gov. Henry McMaster speaks to Upstate Republican Women from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo
Opening comments by President Donna Gottschall
Pledge of Allegiance, prayer and Republican Creed by Colleen Deas
Nate Leupp, Greenville GOP vice chairman, shows video of Republican Convention
Delegate Stephen Brown talks about attempted rule changes at Republican Convention
GOP CONVENTION — From left: Suzette Jordan, Past President URW; Donna Gottschall, URW President, and Linda Garner, Past Vice President URW, surround the South Carolina marker from the floor of the RNC.
Here is our July newsletter
NFRW President Carrie Almond at 2016 Republican Convention: 'Women Support Trump'
NFRW President Calls for Unity in Republican Convention Speech
BE THE FIRST!
NFRW Unveils Mobile App - It's free!
National Federation of Republican Women bus tour from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
June 20 meeting
Joseph Kernell, Greenville County Administrator from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Video of opening and closing remarks
Here is our June newsletter
NFRW Capital Connection June 6
NFRW Senate Spotlight: Richard Burr of North Carolina
District 21 County Council Candidates Forum June 10
Upstate Republican Women SC Senate Six Candidates Forum from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Upstate Republican Women from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
NFRW Senate Spotlight May 3. We need Chuck Grassley from Iowa in the U.S. Senate
NFRW Roundtable--May issue
NFRW Capital Connection Week of May 23
URW Barbecue May 12
Upstate Republican Women 2016 Barbecue from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Here is a link to our current newsletter
2016 candidate filings
NFRW Capital Connection May 2, 2016
SCFRW Candidates — 2016 National Delegates
April 18 meeting
Greenville County Sheriff Candidates Forum from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
NFRW Capital Connection April 19, 2016
NFRW Capital Connection April 11, 2016
It is important that our club is updated on the State GOP news. Please read the below information from Hope Walker and share this email with anyone you feel would be interested. Thank you.
Upstate Republican Women
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hope Walker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 8:12 AM
Subject: Executive Committee Update - Please Read!
To: Hope Walker <email@example.com
Dear Members of the Executive Committee,
Happy Monday and I hope that you are doing well!
Things are going GREAT with the party and we are over half way finished with District Conventions!
- I want to give a HUGE shout out to Jim Davis for organizing the 1st Congressional District Convention this past Saturday. Also another shout out to Moye Graham, Brandon Newton, Craig Caldwell and Eaddy Willard who are in the process of organizing their respective District Conventions that are in the coming weeks (the 6th District Convention is this coming Saturday).
- State Convention is rapidly approaching! Saturday, May 7 is right around the corner and we want as many delegates and alternates to participate as possible. Please help us in the notification process by sending out the link for pre-registration to your delegations. The link for State Convention is www.scgop.com/stateconvention
I will also send a list to each of you so that you know who has already pre-registered for State Convention from your county.
I know that some counties are purchasing sponsorships and tables for Silver Elephant. If you are interested in doing this, please let me know and I will get you the details. The deadline to sign up for this great deal is this Thursday by 5:00 p.m.
GOP Data Center
- We are really excited that the voter information from the 2016 Presidential Preference Primary in February is available in GOP Data Center! You should all have access to GOP Data Center. If you need any help accessing this information, please let John know. He can set up a webinar and train you on how to pull voter lists. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org
South Carolina Republican Party Awards
- The deadline to submit award nominations it today (Monday, April 18) at noon.
There are so many wonderful folks that are deserving of these awards, so make sure that you get your nominations in! For the nomination form, please go to https://www.scgop.com/stateconvention/awards/
As always, thank you for everything that you do for our party and state. Please let me know if you need anything and have a wonderful week!
The South Carolina Republican Party
Legislative Action Alert: Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis: H.R. 2646
URW members at NFRW event in Washington, D.C.
Marlin and Christy Stutzman in Greenville
REMINDER: SCFRW SPRING MEETING SATURDAY, APRIL 23, 2016, COLUMBIA...read on
PLEASE REGISTER TODAY BY CONTACTING GAYE HOLT (email@example.com)
The Spring Meeting of the SCFRW will be held Saturday, April 23rd at the Marriott, 1200 Hampton Street, Columbia, SC.
The Executive Officers will meet at 9:30 A.M., the Executive Committee will meet from 9:45 A.M.to 10:45 A.M..
Registration for ALL Members of the SCFRW will begin at 11:00 A.M. with the luncheon and meeting beginning at 11:30 A.M. We have a lot to discuss, so please be prompt. We will adjourn by 1 P.M.
Executive Committee please let me know any agenda items you might want included in our meeting. Your prompt reply will be greatly appreciated.
Reservations may be made by contacting Gaye Holt (firstname.lastname@example.org). The luncheon is $25./person. Valet Parking is available for $10./car!
Please remember that "a reservation made is a reservation paid!"
Looking forward to seeing all y'all there! Please encourage members of your Club to be in attendance, this is not just for Presidents!!!!! Thank you!
SCFRW SPRING BOARD MEETING
APRIL 23, 2016 11:00 a.m. REGISTRATION
CAPITAL ROOM, MARRIOTT DOWNTOWN
1200 HAMPTON ST., COLUMBIA 803-771-7000
II. Invocation - Sandra Bryan
III. Pledge of Allegiance - Suzette Jordan
IV. Republican Creed - Gaye Holt
V. Recognition of Elected Officials - Beverly Owensby
VI. Minutes of Winter Meeting/Executive Committee Meeting/Roll Call - Kathy Davis
VII. Treasurers Report - Gaye Holt
a) Revised Budget Presentation
VII. Presidents Report - Bev Brady
a) NFRW Spring Legislative Meeting in Washington Update
b) Campaign Committee (NFRW Campaign Hours) - Kathy Behlert
c) Membership Committee - Linda Garner & Linda Slaton
d) Legislative Committee - Donna Gotschall
X. Club Presidents' Reports - WHAT HAS YOUR CLUB BEEN DOING THAT MIGHT BENEFIT OTHER CLUBS IN THE STATE? (1 paragraph)
a) Candidates' Spouses Luncheon Wrap-Up - Beverly Owensby
b) Hand-out of SCFRW Proxy
a) Silver Elephant Raffle
XIII. Adjournment to SCFRW Club Presidents and Club Treasurer Trainings
April 30 2nd District SCGOP Convention
May 6th Silver Elephant Dinner - Hope Walker
May 7th SCGOP Convention - Hope Walker
July 18th - 21st RNC Convention - Cleveland, OH
July 18-21st NFRW Fall Board of Directors Meeting - Cleveland, OH
August - Opening of County Election Headquarters across South Carolina
Updates from Hope Walker, SCGOP
Just a few updates and reminders from the SCGOP:
- Candidate Filing is closed and I am excited to announce that Chairman Moore certified 527 Republican candidates across the state. Thank you all for your help in making this a smooth process with sending the certification letters and Affidavit's. We had the most candidates file than any other party. This is a HUGE compliment to you as party leaders and the hard work that you are each putting in to help move the Conservative Cause (especially those in the more rural, blue counties). It is really exciting to see great conservatives running in seats that Republicans have never run for previously (Abbeville, Chester, Marion, Union, etc.). So THANK YOU for your great work in this effort!
- The first of the District Conventions (3rd Congressional, 7th Congressional) will be held this Saturday with the 4th Congressional Convention on Monday. For those of you that still have registration open for folks to have their name placed on the ballot as National Delegate, please remind your delegation that they must register at noon a week prior to the District Convention and State Convention in order to have their name on the ballot (State Party Rule 6-c-6-b). For folks to register, they may go to https://www.scgop.com/stateconvention/districtconventionschedule/
- State Convention will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2016 at the Columbia Convention Center. The State Convention Review Committee met yesterday to approve the Standing Rules and other State Convention details. Please make sure that your delegation pre-registers for State Convention. I cannot stress enough how much this helps the process in the days leading up to the event. The State Convention Standing Rules may be found at https://www.scgop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/2016StateConventionStandingRules.pdf
- We are excited that Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas will be our guest speaker at the 49th Annual Silver Elephant this year! For tickets and information, please go to http://www.eventbrite.com/e/2016-silver-elephant-dinner-with-senator-tom-cotton-tickets-24231908290?aff=web
South Carolina Republican Party Awards
- We have extended the deadline for award nominations to Monday, April 18. There are so many wonderful folks that are deserving of these awards, so make sure that you get your nominations in! For the nomination form, please go to https://www.scgop.com/stateconvention/awards/
- This week, the Republican National Committee launched a great new website for the National Convention in Cleveland this summer. This is an extremely informative website that helps to answer many questions that folks have about Nation Convention. We are committed to ensure that the process is fair, honest and transparent. I hope that each of you will take a look at this website, https://gop.com/convention-facts/
Again I cannot express my gratitude to each of you for the commitment to our party and state.
Please let me know if you need anything and I hope that you have a wonderful rest of the week! I am looking forward to seeing you at your District Convention!
Posted 6:40 p.m., Monday March 21
John White: Candidate for SC Senate 5, speaks to Upstate Republican Women from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
SAVE THE DATE: MAY 12, 5:30 p.m., Spring Elephant Fest Barbecue
Feb. 16 meeting
Mayor Knox White from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) endorses Sen. Ted Cruz from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) endorses Sen. Ted Cruz from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
President Donna Gottschall: We Are Christians First
Eric Teetsel, National Director, Faith Outreach, Marco Rubio campaign
Gaston Mooney: Conservative Review
Still photo gallery
Piedmont Women's Center 2016 Banquet for Life Click on this link to reserve your place at this event or to become a sponsor.
Posted at 4 p.m., Satuday, Feb. 6
URW members at the Feb. 6 SCFRW board meeting in Columbia: From left: Mary Vause, Linda Garner, President Donna Gottschall and Suzette Jordan
State Rep. Phyllis Henderson, a URW member, on Ethics Reform
Posted 5:20 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 19
Today's URW luncheon
Candy Carson speaks to Upstate Republican Woman from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
URW President Donna Gottscall introduces Candy Carson
Posted 7:40 a.m., Tuesday, Dec. 22
Linda Garner Receives Deb Sofield Award from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Star Spangled Banner
URW Honors Susan Brinkerhoff and Linda Garner
Dr. Nicky Chavers: You Call Yourself an American?
The Inn That Missed Its Chance
Comments by Dr. Nicky Chavers
Closing Comments by President Donna Gottschall
Still Photo Gallery
Posted 9:10 a.m., Tuesday, Nov. 17
Membership Reception, Nov. 16, at the home of of Lisa and Rip Van Riper
SC State Rep. Wendy Nanney rips Refugee Resettlement Program from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
SC State Rep. Wendy Nanney on Pain Capable bill from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Posted 2:40 p.m., Monday, Nov. 2
SCFRW convention in Spartanburg, Oct. 31
Posted 5 p.m., Monday, Oct. 19
From today's luncheon meeting
Dr. Anne Hancock speaks to Upstate Republican Women from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Jeb Bush Jr. speaks to Upstate Republican Women from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
View photo gallery
Posted 12:15 p.m., Tuesday Sept. 22
State Rep. Anne Thayer speaks to Upstate Republican Women from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Video of opening comments
Still photo gallery
Posted 8:40 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 13
The Upstate Republican Women received the Diamond Achievement Award (the highest award a club can receive) at the National Federation of Republican Women's convention in Phoenix, Arizona, yesterday. URW President Donna Gottschall (right) with Kim Wellman, president of the South Carolina Federation of Republican Women.
More photos from the convention.
From left: Donna Gottschall, URW president; Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake; and Suzette Jordan, a past URW president.
From left: Jeanita McNulty, past president of Iowa Republican Women; Mary Vause, URW; and Donna Gottschall, URW president.
Donna Gottschall (left), URW president; and Republican strategist Kellyanne Conway.
From left: Mary Vause, URW; Rep. David Schweikert of Arizona; and Donna Gottschall, URW president.
Suzette Jordan, Marciopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Linda Garner
From left: Jeanita McNulty, past president of Iowa Republican Women; Marciopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio; Donna Gottschall, URW president; and Mary Vause, URW.
URW President Donna Gottschall with pink underwear Sheriff Arpaio has inmates wear.
Donna Gottschall (left) with Cindy McCain, wife of Sen. John McCain
Posted 9:40 a.m., Wednesday, Aug. 19
Janet Huckabee, wife of presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, asks: What would you tell our Founding Fathers about what we have done to the country they gave us.
Janet Huckabee: Upstate Republican Women from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Introductory comments video
Lynn Ballard, Greenville County Council, video
Posted 1 p.m., Saturday, June 26
URW members Jill Kintigh (left) and Suzette Jordan at Jill's installation ceremony this morning for another term as Greenville County treasurer.
Posted 10:40 a.m., Thursday, June 18
Upstate Republican Women attain Diamond status
Upstate Republican Women: The Working Club from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Posted 4:45 p.m., Monday, June 15
Paul Howell, director of Honor Flight Upstate South Carolina, speaks during an unforgettable Americanism program
Paul Howell speaks to Upstate Republican Women about Honor Flight from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Here are some videos Paul showed during his presentation
This Is Honor Flight
Honor Flight: What Happens on a Typical Honor Flight?
Honor Flight Veteran Stories - "A Story of Faith and Freedom" - by Harry Walmer - WWII Veteran
Upstate Republican Women: opening comments from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Posted 3:15 p.m., Monday, May 18
Today's luncheon meeting
Rep. Garry Smith (SC House 27) speaks to Upstate Republican Women from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Upstate Republican Women May 15 meeting from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Still photo gallery
Posted 6:10 p.m., Monday, April 20
Sara Barber, executive director of the South Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, speaks at the April 20 meeting
Sara Barber speaks to Upstate Republican Women from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Posted 5:10 p.m., Wednesday, March 18
Police Chief Ken Miller speaks to Upstate Republican Women from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Upstate Republican Women March 16 from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo.
Still photo gallery
Posted 4:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 26
State Rep. Phyllis Henderson speaks at Jan. 26 meeting
SC State Rep. Phyllis Henderson speaks to Upstate Republican Women from Thomas Hanson on Vimeo
Video of introductory comments
Video of member introductions — Donna Gottschall
View still photo gallery